Friday, November 16, 2012

Beauty of Possessing Cats


As a friend of a cat rescuer, I have had the experience of a guy named Reggie smuggling Orange Animal Control. My friend waited outside while I slipped into the Control Center and briefly signed paperwork to rescue a cat that had been a member of the breeding desert. Due to circumstances beyond his control, and his name is Reggie, was imprisoned and labeled undesirable by the powers to be. They had found some kind of bacterial infection and confined him to a group of cats that were considered incapable of being adopted.

I have idea of ​​putting the name of Reggie in the "cat is adopted" the request line and quickly went to the back room where cats were being observed problem. A look at Reggie, delightful orange and white, and I knew I could not live without. I was determined to rescue the cat, as my friend waited anxiously by the door. In fact, Reggie gave me the warning that was not quite right. Since then, it has become the life of the party in the hatchery, and has even escaped the outdoor venue to enjoy the freedom and excitement of the roof.

And I can not forget my three cats outdoors. I have a female tortoiseshell unusual called "Chatty". "Chat" is the French word for the cat, and she is too "chatty" or talkative. I am sure that is part Maincun, a breed known for its various vocalizings and thick fibrous coat. Purebred dogs of this breed also has hair on the ears and around his feet. Chatty has led a very unusual life, as she has spent outdoors as a stray. It has survived more than ten years away and is very intelligent, if not cunning. She will appear at exactly the moment he decided to go out the front door last night. She follows my movements and is able to measure the expected time. If I visit a neighbor, she will wait outside the door for me too. If I water the lawn that will haunt the yard, probably theorize about the exact moment that my ladder climb and feed the animals.

Other outdoor cats are "Gent", short for "gentleman" and "Mr. Orange", a large tabby cat, very loud orange. Gent likes taking his food himself, in my kitchen. Every night is hopeful that I will allow this intrusion into my solitary existence. I live alone so these cats are living bodies visiting my bungalow in the remote corner of my yard. Few people can find me, and it works well because I like to choose the moments of being alone in my apartment perfect. Nonetheless, Gent finds me and, if I remember correctly let him in, he stops by my door to enjoy clapping and pets, then casually trots to the kitchen for a private dinner of wet cat food. The only problem is routine when it comes back to the door. Chatty shows independence and jealousy, all while trying to attack him when he comes out the door and heads down the stairs.

Mr. Orange is the loudest cat in the neighborhood and, I fear, may soon bring neighbors nasty comments. He is a big, orange with a white ribbon around your waist. It does not come every night, so I know others are supposedly helping this homeless cat. You never know exactly how many homes have these dogs. I received a letter from a coalition ferrel cat knowledgeable and I learned the TNR process, which means trap, neuter and release. I just hope I'll have time to do all this. Chatty, in fact, going to be the nursery and I am taking a very long flight to North Carolina (I live in San Diego) to visit my son, his wife and two children. Chatty is time to retire. I hope I am right in thinking that males have power elsewhere across the street.

I know you hate animals, from now on, I like it when I say that everyone has to have at least one pet, especially a cat. They are very low maintenance and no need for euthanasia. Let me put it this way, because people's selfishness and lack of education, the cats are put to sleep in large numbers. I think as American Indians believed that the way we treat animals and our natural world, ultimately affect our own existence. The Bible, in Genesis, says they are the rulers of the animals and, above all, are the guardians of God's creatures. I'm really not allowed to have pets here in this apartment complex, but I requested an exception to the rule. If everyone should have their part, Animal Control would not have the odious task of extermination. This, of course, includes spaying and neutering of cats adolescents. I think the character of a person can be judged by the way he / she treats animals and young children. These are the world's homeless and dependent on others to show compassion and kindness.

In an ideal world, all households have at least one cat. You could leave them out if I had to, but feed them and give them only limited attention. I will not say that the state could allocate funds for this, but only that each family could have some responsibility. I live in a city where many animals roam free: the weather is great and the areas of the city are surrounded by uncultivated surface, unresolved. As a result, opossums.